Motor Vehicle Accident

What Are Motor Vehicle Patients?

Motor vehicle patients are those who have been in a road accident and require physiotherapy intervention to assist them in returning to the pre-injury level of function.
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance provides owners and drivers of Western Australian registered vehicles with cover for the cost of injuries they cause to others in a motor vehicle crash anywhere in Australia.

CTP Insurance Covers Those Injured In A Crash For:

How To Claim?

For full details on how to claim, please visit:

Do You Need A Doctors Referral?

Yes. If your GP deems it appropriate, a referral to physiotherapy may be completed. You must have a GP referral for your treatment to be covered by the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA). You cannot self-refer under the Third Party Insurance claim.
All legal requirements relating to referrals can be found in Health Insurance Act 1973 and Health Insurance Regulations 1975. The law states that a referral is valid for a single course of treatment for a period of 12 months after the first service given in accordance with the referral.

Who Is Responsible For Bills?

AppliedMotion Physiotherapy will liaise with the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA) to seek approval of relevant physiotherapy treatment plans under the WorkCover WA rates. Once approval has been granted, all fees will be directed to ICWA with no out-of-pocket expense for clients. However, any treatment outside the proposed plan will be the client’s responsibility.

What To Bring To Your First Session?

Please bring along to your initial consultation:

For Further Information Regarding MV Claims, Visit:

ICWA Website

Please refer to the ICWA website for full terms and details of CTP insurance:

ICWA Motor Injury Insurance